LCRA is proud to recognize active and former military members by offering them free admission to LCRA-operated parks on Wednesday, Nov. 11, in honor of Veterans Day.
Free admission on Veterans Day is available to military members at the following LCRA-operated parks throughout the lower Colorado River basin:
- Black Rock Park in Llano County.
- Camp Creek Recreation Area in Burnet County.
- Cedar Point Recreation Area in Llano County.
- Gloster Bend Recreation Area in Travis County.
- Grelle Recreation Area in Burnet County.
- Lake Bastrop – North Shore Park in Bastrop County.
- Lake Bastrop – South Shore Park in Bastrop County.
- Low Water Crossing Recreation Area in Travis County.
- Matagorda Bay Nature Park in Matagorda County.
- McKinney Roughs Nature Park in Bastrop County.
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area in Travis/Burnet counties.
- Narrows Recreation Area in Burnet County.
- Pedernales River Nature Park in Blanco County.
- Plum Park on the Colorado in Fayette County.
- Shaffer Bend Recreation Area in Burnet County.
- Turkey Bend Recreation Area in Travis County.
Camping, equestrian and activity rental fees still apply.
LCRA welcomes more than a million visitors a year to its more than 40 parks, recreation areas and river access sites. For more information, including a list of amenities available at each park and details on how to reserve a campsite, visit www.lcra.org/parks.
The Lower Colorado River Authority serves customers and communities throughout Texas by managing the lower Colorado River; generating and transmitting electric power; ensuring a clean, reliable water supply; and offering access to nature at more than 40 parks, recreation areas and river access sites along the Texas Colorado River, from the Hill Country to the Gulf Coast. LCRA and its employees are committed to enhancing the lives of Texans through water stewardship, energy and community services. LCRA was created by the Texas Legislature in 1934. The organization neither levies taxes nor receives tax money. For more information, visit
Source: LCRA Business News